Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Pumkins, Potties and food!

We have had an eventful weekend over here! On Saturday we went to my favorite store, Provo Craft outlet. When I lived in Wyoming that was the first place I wanted to go when I came into town, I just like to walk up and down every row. Anyways they had these little decorations that I knew Tika and Kelly would have fun with. Kelly had so much fun painting them.
Then for the big news on Sunday Kelly decided it was time to use the potty. I have been needing to potty train her for a while now but I wanted to wait till things were a little more consistent in her life and we actually had our own bathroom to do it in. So anyways Sunday morning she kept saying potty potty, so I said what the heck I will start today! So I took her into the bathroom but she had already went pee in her toilet! I didn't have and "Dunders" (Which I guess is what we are calling her underwear thanks to Hallie) so I just used her diaper covers from her dresses. A couple hours later she started saying potty potty again so I went to take her in and she had already gone #2 in her potty! So far she has only peed her pants 3 times! I am very excited to only have one kid in diapers!!!


She is set on putting her Dunders on by her self!
I was giving her a treat every time she would go in the potty! The kid has had enough Carmel for a lifetime. She loves waiving bye bye when we flush the toilet!

And lastly Tika decided it is time for his boy to eat like a big kid! Up till now I am still only breastfeeding Kai and that has been plenty for him. But Tika wanted to feed him baby food today and the poor kid loved it! He would get so upset if Tika would start to walk away. Maybe, just maybe, I will let him eat it more often!

7 comments:

Curt & Cassie Ford said...

GO Kelly Go!!! (as my kids would say) Kami and I are sitting here laughing our heads off at Kelly's little bumb. I think just about every picture we have of you as a little girl your butt is hanging out like that. Ha Ha.

We need to meet up at the park before it gets too cold. Maybe if were really feeling rebellious we could even hit up "Max and Cheese"

Good to see Kai eating some food. The poor boy slobbers every time he see sees food.

Cute craft, seeing those pictures of Kelly's cute smile makes me miss her.

Call me 369-4730

TG and Steph said...

I love your new family picture. It's so cute. I really miss having you guys around.

The Sitton Family said...

Hahaha that is the cutest wedgie I have ever seen! I am glad you guys are getting settled, it must be nice to not be on the move all the time. Bunch of gypsies. Jk

D'Laina said...

Cute projects you are such a crafty mom! Nice that kelly is using the potty probably nicer for you to only have to change one baby!

Jensen Family said...

that is so awesome that she trained her self!! man i need bry to do that before Nash comes :/ ya right. thats so good for you!! only one in diapers! heck yes!

Spence & Aiona said...

what a beautiful family! i can't believe how big your adorable little children are getting! i just started blogging and somehow found your blog! it is so cute! i hope you guys are well! much love!

Kelly said...

hahahahaha... im a little obsessed with that pic of that cute bum! ha