Sunday, October 26, 2008

Week 1 in Hawaii

Last Monday we started our 3 week vacation in Hawaii. We left for the airport at about 8:40 which was way to early because our flight didn't leave till 12:20 but I always like to be really early when I have kids with me so I can ask for an extra seat so I don't have to hold the baby the whole time. So far it's been about 50/50. Anyways I was able to get Kai his own seat and there was an extra one next to Kelly so she was able to take a nap too. Needless to say things were going way to smooth when Kai started getting really fussy and come to find out he has had a blow out! And me being the worlds greatest mom I forgot the change of clothes for the plane. So I made him a little toga out of the airplane blanket. It was so nice of Tika's parents they made us Lei's when they picked us up and Kelly looked so cute in hers. On the drive to Laie the van was smelling like the brakes were burning but Tika's dad had just got them fixed so we didn't worry about it that much until the front started smoking! We pulled over and there just happened to be a guy fixing his car and he told us he had the same van and that it needed to be towed and we should not be driving it. So poor Susan had to drive and pick us up about 45 minutes away. We finally reached our destination at about 7:00. My kids did so good! I couldn't have asked for more! Tuesday we went to Waimea Bay and Kelly was afraid of the sand for about the first 20 minutes but she loved the ocean. Kai also loved to be in the water. After the beach we went to the famous Matsumoto shaved ice, they have the best shaved ice with ice cream for way cheap! Tuesday we went to Temple beach. And we finished the day with Tialei's volleyball game she did great! Wednesday we went to Hukilau Beach. And went into town for another one of Tialei's games. Thursday we went to Temple beach again (it is across the street from there house) Friday we went to Hukilau beach and to the Haunted Lagoon at the Polynesian Culture Center. It was so good! I think it was the first haunted thing I have been to so it was really fun. There were people that would pop out of the water one of them made Tika jump so bad. Oh and don't forget we made 75 lbs of flour into dough and 25lbs of powdered sugar into frosting for Tialie's team to make into scones and sell at the football game for a fundraiser. Saturday it was really rainy all day which was a nice break from all the heat! I could never live here it is so hot and humid you always feel wet and sticky. We set the pool up in the back yard and that was really fun for Kelly and then while the kids were sleeping we went over to Pounders and Susan made Kai and Tialei there Halloween costumes. I will show you them on Halloween!
Just waiting to get on the plane. . . .
Kelly loved watching planes.I am so glad I got that extra seat for Kai!

Finally . . . She slept for about an hour and a half then we landed. Kai's cute new dress!



Kelly learning how to surf!




7 comments:

D'Laina said...

YAY it sounds like you are having fun I'm jealous I'm stuck here doing nothing, I mean really nothing now that your gone I have no friends! Halloween will be fun though something to look forward too (even though mike has to work) what are you kids going to be?

Wesley Family said...

Yeah I am jealous, it sounds like you guys are having tons of fun. Sounds like you're all set for Halloween too!

The Sitton Family said...

Hawaii looks so beautiful! And I think it is funny that you guys don't do normal vacations, and you are there for three weeks. Who goes to Hawaii for three weeks!!!??? Just kidding, I am just jealous. I can't wait to see your kids costumes!

Nic & Trudi said...

Hearing you talk about all the different places you guys have been going to makes me want to go back so bad! It looks like you are having tons of fun!! I'm jealous!!!

Curt & Cassie Ford said...

I miss my little baby's. I showed these pics to Hallie and she got a sad face and said, " I miss Kelly and Kai Kai." Curt saw our overdraft today and decided he's not going to Hawaii anymore. Of course I'm making him though. Keep an eye out for things we can do for free :)

Sounds like you are having a good time and being a good sport through the rough spot. Kai's Togo is great!

Jensen Family said...

what the lucky ducks!! i wanna go to hawaii!! i will someday :/ haha have fun car!!!!

carlsokia said...

Tika & Carli! I am way jealous you guys get to be in the sun... while we're here in the Colorado mountains waiting for it to snow! We came across your blog and are super happy that we can check out what's going on with you guys! Jenn & Marley are headed to Hawaii next week - so they'll be in the sun with you guys! Anyway, the Colorado Sokia's love you!

Carl