Saturday, May 2, 2009

20 HOURS of driving in one week!

I have had a very eventful week to say the least! My usual week consists of sitting at my house with my kids, playing in the backyard, naps, and a few times a week going to work. This week was about the opposite! It all started last Thursday when me and 5 of my friends went to St George. It was so much fun hanging out with all of them with no kids! Friday we went to Vegas and had way to much fun playing a little three card! D'Laina was the big winner of the day and she was nice enough to share the wealth! She was trying to help others who didn't have as much money and bought all the groceries! She is the best friend ever! While she was a winner I was definitely a NOT! It kinda put a downer on me but I was over it pretty quick! So Saturday we just hung out and went to the outlets, Outback for dinner, and Cold stone for desert! Sunday we just woke up and left. It really was so fun seeing everyone and I can't wait to do it again. Thanks Tika for taking care of the kiddies!


Monday Cassie had her new baby boy Dirk! Having a baby is the most amazing miracle I have ever seen! I love watching her have her babies even if I am uninvited! She is so amazing! Dirk was Cassie's biggest baby yet weighing in at 8 lbs 2 oz and measuring 19 inches long!
Do they get any cuter then this!!!
Tika had Wednesday and Thursday off work so he was getting a little antsy and just wanted to do something! We are so used to doing what we want when we want so this new job is a little draining on our spontaneity! So Wednesday after riding our bikes from our house to Cassie's (just had to throw that in there, That's a long way for me!) We decided to make our first trip Back to Wyoming since we moved one year ago. It was a lot of fun staying with Montel and Mekelli and Kelly loves Mia and KJ! We just stayed one quick day and then drove the 3 hours back home. Montel was kind enough to send home a ton of dress up clothes!
Thanks for the clothes Montel!

Hallie is the biggest cheese ball ever, She had me take a ton of pictures and she had a pose for all of them!
Gotta LOVE him!
Well that trip to Wyoming just wasn't enough for Tika so we asked my mom to babysit for the night and drove ANOTHER 3 HOURS to Wendover. We love riding the bus out there! We played bingo on the bus (We each Won once) Then when we got there ate at the Buffet, played a little blackjack, and Poker. It has been a while since I played poker so I was a little nervous but I WON a couple hands! Oh I almost forgot our favorite game of the night Wheel of Fortune! We stayed a few hours out there and slept the whole way home on the bus! We got home about 4 in the morning so we were both a little tired the next day!

5 comments:

Brent, Laci, Kaylie and Madison said...

How exciting!! It sounds like you had so much fun on ALL of your trips. I'm jealous that you were able to get away without the kids. That is awesome! Cassie's baby is so cute!

D'Laina said...

So I really didn't "share the wealth" only bought groceries which Crys did give me money for that I just remembered I didn't give back to her! Any how Dirk is so cute! And how fun to play dress up, by the way why were you up at 6:30 am to post this your crazy!

The Sitton Family said...

Yay for Dirk!! I am so glad Cassie didn't have him while we were gone! Thank heavens we made the trip happen. Now that we know it is possible, you guys need to make a trip to Az. We can stay at Jenn's. She won't care :) And D'Laina, you are a dork. I only gave you five dollars!! Anywho, we need to get started on planning next year's trip. Oh, and I am glad you got revenge for losing in 3 card. That dealer just wanted you to stick around.

Jensen Family said...

man i'm jealous you got to go on another little vacaction! and ok so i feel horrible!! i completely forgot dlaina bought those groceries!! and i didn't give her any money! in my head i did cause i was going to when we got back to the condo! oh man! sorry dlaina!
dirk is so cute, congrats cassi! and your kids are so cute car, i love the dress up on kai especially :)

Curt & Cassie Ford said...

I know I'm a little post partum, but I just got teary eyed that you really thought you weren't invited. You are always invited!! You are my sister and I love having your support. I'm glad you've got to get out and do all those fun things. Thank you so much for letting me come over and for always listening to me. You're the best.

Love you :)